Tooth Brushing TechniqueYou've been brushing your teeth your whole life, but are you getting the most from your efforts? The following technique will help you get the most thorough clean.
- On the outer and inner surfaces, brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle in short half-tooth-wide strokes against the gum line.
- On chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat and brush back and forth.
- On inside surfaces of front teeth, tilt brush vertically and use gentle up and down strokes with toe of brush.
- Brush the tongue in a back-to-front sweeping motion to remove food particles and freshen your mouth.
Choose the Right ToothpasteCrest toothpastes contain fluoride, which helps strengthen weak spots and prevent tooth cavities. And whether you're looking for tartar protection, a rush of flavor, or dentist-inspired protection, we've got a toothpaste that's right for you.
- Ready for a brushing experience that awakens the senses? Try our flavor experience toothpastes.
- Looking for solutions such as enamel protection? View our dentist-inspired products.
- Have sensitive teeth? Try our sensitivity toothpastes.
Change Your ToothbrushMost dental professionals recommend replacing your toothbrush every three months. To remind yourself, write the date you should change your toothbrush in permanent marker on the handle.
Crest recommends Oral-B toothbrushes. Find the Oral-B power toothbrush that's right for you.